Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ankeny, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Full Time, Salary
The Estimator is responsible for conducting quantity surveys, bid solicitation, value analysis, historical cost reports, system comparison, and scope verification to build accurate cost estimates. They will analyze bid documents, prepare plan take-off calculations, prepare cost estimates, and assemble bid packages. The Estimator will negotiate and execute agreements with subcontractors and its suppliers, prepare project schedules and submittals, attend construction progress meetings, monitor project correspondence, and advise potential cost issues or schedule problems to complete projects successfully.
- Assess site exposures, construction risks, appropriately analyze cost, and reflect these in the estimate.
- Ensure Project Safety Plans, Safety Policies, and Procedures are included on all construction projects.
- Comply with risk management programs applicable to assigned projects, including contracts, insurance, bonding, and any special owner or regulatory requirements. Identify areas of risk and investigate solutions.
- Generate, develop leads, and contact potential clients to discuss options for proposed services.
- Retain relationships with sub-contractors and clients, maintain subcontractor and supplier bid list.
- Contact multiple subcontractors and vendors to obtain pricing for each bid item.
- Review construction plans and specifications and distribute them to appropriate subcontractors and suppliers for bid. Coordinate with subcontractor suppliers to clarify expectations, including scope and schedule.
- Organize sub-contractor’s quotations, negotiate to ensure quotes meet contract documents, and issue properly documented purchase orders.
- Ensure site personnel is provided with proper documentation related to the project.
- Work closely with our project partners to pre-plan and schedule to identify and eliminate constraints and manage risk.
- Provide basic support for all other departments as needed, along with other assigned duties.
Focus on End Goals:
- Take ownership and pride in the bid process to win profitable jobs, see it built, and exceeded customer’s expectations.
- Assess material, labor, and equipment required and analyze different quotes from a combination of subcontractor bids, supplier bids, unit prices applied to quantity take-offs, and utilizing spreadsheet-based estimating software.
- Assist with preparation of bid-day documents, including finalizing lump sum bid, alternates, and allowances. Coordinate with project managers during contract negotiation and subcontractor buy-out.
- Assist with the preparation of technical documents and proposals to respond to RFP’s. Prepare and present spreadsheets to analyze project costs, overheads, and markups.
- Identify bid opportunities and maintain bidding backlog.
- Update costing models when required and maintaining data integrity.
- Develop and manage take-offs and proposal estimates for various construction projects utilizing on-screen take-off software.
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material, pricing the labor, equipment, and material costs.
- Identify constructability issues, value-engineering alternatives, and produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings.
- Consult with management regularly to maintain a strategic link to business needs, working on multiple bids at any point in time.
- Complete all phases of construction estimating, including systems level, conceptual, and hard bid cost.
- Assess the cost-effectiveness of products, projects, or services, track actual costs relative to bids as the project develops, and include value analysis, historical cost reports per bid-basis, and system comparison.
- Improved analysis by activity, phase, or other project breakdowns.
- Standardization of your estimating best practices.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction engineering, construction management, industrial technology, or an associate’s degree in construction management or construction technology may be given preference with years of experience.
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience estimating construction projects.
- Certification in Construction Estimating or Project Management Professional preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs like Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook, online collaboration tools, and software programs like On-Screen Takeoff and Timberline are beneficial.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Experience working in Industrial environments and knowledge of materials, methods, tools, and construction equipment involved in construction/industrial processes.
- Travel up to 25% or as needed, by air and ground.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.