Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ankeny, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
The Accounting Manager will help manage/supervise, monitor, and evaluate the company’s day-to-day accounting and finance functions as well as work directly with the company’s owners, customers, and vendors to build relationships. The position provides leadership and coordination in operational accounting and budgeting activities. In addition, have exceptional organizational and time management skills, be self-motivated to excel in a fast-paced work environment, problem-solve and implement creative solutions, and have a high level of ethics while working with sensitive company data.
- Maintain employee and customer confidence and protect all operations by keeping information confidential.
- Instill the Keen safety culture through daily actions on all assigned projects and duties.
- Manage all daily accounting and finance functions of the company.
- Review, and approve all customer billings each month.
- Support Controller with year-end closings, payroll taxes, and other special duties.
- Analyze financial reports and work directly with banking relationships.
- Manage accounting inquiries and other needs via all types of communication.
- Manage a small accounting staff.
- Participate with project forecasting and project audits.
- Lead accounting-related meetings by supporting open communication and collaboration to build a team atmosphere, resolve conflicts early, and report findings on related projects.
- Provide accounting support for all other departments as needed, along with other assigned duties.
Focus on End Goals:
- Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits, and taxes to employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Participate with the Management Team in the development of company goals and vision.
- Perform all accounting functions, analyze results, prepare sourcing studies, monitor cost requests, track budgets, and provide financial and profitability reporting.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings, and reporting.
- Monitor cash and funding balances.
- Assist in preparing quarterly financial reports.
- Manage the quarterly/annual budgets and forecasts.
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to provide consultative advice to the owners.
- Organize information and statements for audits, and both internal and external auditors.
- Complete payments and control expenditures by receiving, processing, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconcile and balance transactions for designated areas accurately and in accordance with applicable laws.
- Monitor and track expenditures and provide forecasting analysis.
- Report and analyze weekly projects.
- Gather relevant data from different systems, develop methodologies for analyzing data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll and tax procedures to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Understand how the business operations and financial processes are connected.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations.
- Mentor and lead other team members.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- 5-10 years of prior solid accounting experience, experience in the construction or manufacturing industry preferred.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Bluebeam Software
- Proficient with Excel & Sage 300 Timberline Construction Software preferred.
- Experience working in a paperless office environment.
Benefits and additional Company Information located on our career section of our website.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.