Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ankeny, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will process vendor and subcontractor invoices, ensure proper approval in a paperless system and process accounts payable checks as scheduled. This role will provide financial, administrative, and clerical services to ensure accuracy and efficiency of operations. The position will manage a variety of bookkeeping and job related responsibilities to support the Keen team and projects using Excel, Sage 300 Timberline and Procore Construction Software.
- Maintain employee and customer confidence and protect all operations by keeping information confidential.
- Instill the Keen safety culture through daily actions on all assigned projects and duties.
- Review, verify and enter Vendor, Subcontractor, and Overhead invoices for payments and prepare lien waivers for Subcontractors.
- Reconcile Vendor statements, research and correct any discrepancies found.
- Maintain Vendor 1099 files.
- Audit and Process credit card receipts and statements in a paperless environment.
- Process expense reports and check requests.
- Assist in accounting processes and communication.
- Provide high level of customer service to Vendor and Subcontractors regarding their statements and past due accounts, along with all other accounting inquires Company wide.
- Assist in accounting related meetings by supporting open communication and collaboration to build a team atmosphere, resolve conflicts early, and report findings on related projects.
- Provide basic support for all other departments as needed, along with other assigned duties.
Focus on End Goals:
- Void checks in the accounts payable system if needed to ensure correct reporting.
- Organize and maintain files, correspondences, and records thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practice.
- Review and process open account applications for approval and update as needed.
- Complete payments and control expenditures and scan documents into related software
- Process returned Subcontractor lien waivers.
- Provide assistance and supporting documentation for audits
- Maintain accounting recordkeeping which includes data entry, scanning, filing documents and making copies and improving a paperless accounting system.
- Critically review and analyze current accounts payable in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Understand how the business operations and financial processes are connected.
Education & Qualifications:
- High School diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred but not required if experienced.
- 2+ years of prior accounting experience in the construction or manufacturing industry.
- Experience with Excel, Sage 300 Timberline Construction Software including Paperless.
- Knowledge of accounts payable systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and construction job costing procedures.
- Individual with a strong work ethic that is detail orientated, professional and reliable
- Strong research, resolution and documentation skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both in writing and verbally.
Benefits and additional Company Information located on our career section of our website.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.