Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ankeny, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Full Time, Salary
The BIM Manager will coordinate and support design efforts throughout the preconstruction and construction phases of projects. They will guide and train in-house personnel and set standards for in-house and contract design professionals. The BIM Manager must have a strong engineering background and a desire to improve content and workflows for design. They are responsible for setting the standards for the use of Revit and associated software for design work and for maintaining content libraries.
- Enable personnel to grow in their positions by building their skills and understanding of BIM design tools.
- Driven to research new workflows, standards, and tools which enable team members to more efficiently and/or effectively perform their daily tasks.
- Seek out and identify skills gaps with team members to prioritize training needs and efforts in the future.
- Implement new design software workflows through effective communication and training of team members.
- Build trust with the team as a subject matter expert providing guidance on how to use all engineering software to perform daily design development tasks.
- Support project teams to effectively execute projects, resolve design issues, answer questions, solve software utilization problems, and make sure that final design deliverables are compatible with standards.
- Provide standards (ex.:BIM Execution Plan) to all stakeholders involved in the project, including the architects, consultants, contractors, and direct hired team members.
- Note opportunities for improvement in team members’ skills and department workflows. Organize and lead efforts for improvements leading to improved efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Provide basic support for all other departments as needed, along with other assigned duties.
Focus on End Goals:
- Support company efforts to automate design, estimating, scheduling, and construction efforts.
- Participate in design planning events to help identify resource needs and constraints.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Manager to set design standards and workflows which drive efficient and successful design efforts.
- Develop design content for use across various projects with more advanced features (ex.: Revit families with varying LOD’s, parametric geometry, materials, mfr. info., etc.)
- Participate in design review efforts to assess deliverable thoroughness, appropriate LOD, quality, and constructability.
- Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, scope development, specification and technical writing, and design management.
- Focus on continuous improvement in daily work with an open mind to identify opportunities for savings in time and/or a reduction in team members’ effort and frustration.
- Evaluate new tools and software to keep the engineering team growing in their capabilities and ensuring that we are utilizing the best tools for the job.
- Work closely with the Keen Engineering team and external Keen design partners to develop standards, adopt new technology, and improve our workflows.
- Integrate new technology tools or environmentally friendly practices into existing processes.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science field such as Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Agricultural, or Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of design experience, 3 years managing BIM process desired.
- Working knowledge and hands-on 3-D laser scanning experience required.
- Working knowledge and hands-on VR and AR experience desired.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience manipulating 3-D point clouds in Revit models required.
- Working knowledge of Navisworks for visualization, clash detection, and quantification required.
- Working knowledge of ISO 19650-1 and 19650-2 standards desired
- BIM Manager Certification from Autodesk, RICS, or other recognized authority desired.
- Autodesk Professional Certification for Architectural, MEP, or Structural Design desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Project
- Master level proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and Inventor is required.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.