Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ames, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
The Construction Laborer is hard-working and reliable while being safety-conscious during all general construction duties. The primary activities performed include installing equipment, dust piping, and spouting, along with placing structural with quality workmanship that conforms to project plans and specifications. The Construction laborer will also assist other team members, Forman, or General Forman.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures by managing and using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task. Understand, operate, and manage all safety rules, the operating and maintenance manuals, and following all procedure handbooks.
- Properly follow all company polices and OSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foremen, General Forman, Superintendent, Safety Director, or Human Resources Manager.
- Make Health and Safety practices number one priority and use personal protection equipment at all times, follow all safety regulations, attend daily tool box talks, and all other safety meetings.
- Act as Fire Watch during welding and cutting activities, participate in fire prevention and planning.
- Prepare, clean, and maintain a clean working jobsite to eliminate possible hazards.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Maintain positive relationships with project stake holders.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and mentoring of jobsite interns, apprentices, or new hires.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Focus on End Goals:
- Provide labor support to the operations team which allows the team to produce a quality product for the customer in a timely, safe and accurate manner.
- Advise Foreman, General Foreman, Superintendent, Project Engineer, or Project Manager immediately if deviation from the plan occurs.
- Lubricate, clean, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Provide daily feedback and reporting on jobsite activities.
- Identify and suggest new equipment, tools, approaches, or best known methods to foster our continuous improvement.
- Assist in forecasting and managing time to meet all specified deadlines.
- Identify and suggest new approaches or best known methods to foster our continuous improvement.
Education & Qualifications:
- OSHA 10.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass MVR.
- Trade school, vocational school, or college education in related field, preferred.
- 3-5 years construction experience, industrial experience preferred.
- Interpret blue prints, technical plans, and drawings.
- Ability to learn, understand, and safely use all trade tools with proficiency.
- Fire Prevention Training, qualified fire watch.
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.