Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ames, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
The Construction Project Engineer supports the construction team of Preconstruction Manager, Project Manager, Superintendent, and Design Engineers. They will organize the construction project from start to finish. This role works closely with vendors and subcontractors to make sure the construction project proceeds safely, accurately, smoothly while on time and budget.
- Inspect all work to assure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Participate in jobsite safety including safety meetings, walks, and other related tasks like ongoing training.
- Monitor and track project quality control metrics and activities on a regular basis, provide timely and accurate quality reports, and raise issues to management team.
- Arrange all preliminary, ongoing, and final construction schedules along with pre-construction meetings with internal team, architect, engineer, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, and field staff.
- Maintain Project Directory including architects, engineers, consultants, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers and internal team members and assist in building and keeping their relationship.
- Build positive relationships and identify areas of project risks and advise Project Manager and Superintendent while investigating solutions.
- Act as the project liaison between all Office/Field Engineers personnel to ensure continuity of work.
Focus on End Goals:
- Prepare, review, expedite, and monitor logs for tracking submittals, RFI’s, contract documents, change orders, subcontractor, vendors and suppliers applications for payment.
- Initiate, lead, document, and share project communications including meeting notes, agendas, and drawing markups.
- Assist with estimating labor and materials and follow through with team through completion.
- Plan, monitor, and supervise on/off-site construction management activities for a project.
- Coordinate with Office/Field Engineers regarding progress photos and documents needed to support construction progress meetings and reports.
- Report construction progress, cost and schedule status, with team through weekly meetings.
- Assess construction drawings and ensure compliance with design intent while monitoring all phases of construction and performing quality control.
- Build and maintain an organized project file system including contract documents, drawings and specifications, meeting minutes, bids, pricing, requests for information, change orders, and any other important project documentation.
- Review engineered drawings to ensure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Prepare preliminary and final construction schedule, schedule pre-construction meetings with owner, architect, engineers, subcontractors, field staff, and conduct job-site visits.
- Solicit and review material, equipment, subcontractor and vendor bids.
- Integrate new technology or environmentally friendly practices into existing processes.
- Manage requests for information, submittal review and distribution, quality control documentation, and close out documentation management processes.
- Expedite job close-out procedures including development of as-built drawings, operation manuals, warranties, guarantees, service visits, punch list, sales tax reports, retainage releases, final acceptance, and final payment.
- Provide basic support for all other departments as needed, along with other assigned duties.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science field such as Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Certification or completion in Professional Engineer License (P.Eng), Certified Professional Engineer (PE), Fundamentals of Engineering (FE), Engineer in Training (EIT), Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE), and/or Lean Qualifications or willing to obtain.
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs like Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and on-line collaboration tools. Proficient in Autodesk/Plant Design Suite products like and Revit and AutoCAD is desired, with knowledge Inventor, Navisworks, etc., beneficial.
- Travel is required depending if located in the Office (33% travel) or Field (80% travel).
Benefits and additional Company Information located on our career section of our website.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.