Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ames, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
The Superintendent is responsible for supervising and directing all on site operations on a construction project site to ensure the project is completed safely, on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship conforming to project plans and specifications. The Superintendent is responsible for leading on site safety, coordination, and progress meetings which may include members of the contractor’s project team, owners or owner’s representatives, trade contractors, and vendors with ongoing communication with Project Manager.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures by managing and using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Understand, operate, and manage all safety rules, the operating and maintenance manuals, and following all procedure handbooks.
- Take proper safety precautions including inspecting and updating equipment, tools, safety kits, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Manage safety planning and leadership, including overseeing morning safety meetings.
- Properly follow all company polices and OSHA regulations for a safe working environment. Stop any and all unsafe work and report any problems to the Project Engineer, Project Manager, or Safety Director.
- Make Health and Safety practices number one priority by using personal protection equipment at all times, following all safety regulations, facilitate daily tool box talks and all other safety meetings.
- Develop, organize, and maintain control over site traffic flow and restrictions to ensure a clean working job site, including the construction office, controlled site access and trade contractor work and laydown areas.
- Administer Fire Watch Program, fire prevention and planning to eliminate possible hazards.
- Manage, supervise, and complete all construction projects to ensure the project is completed safely, on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to project plans and specifications.
- Direct subcontractors and supplies to ensure they deliver on schedule, budget, safety and quality commitments while addressing nonperformance issues in a timely fashion with proper documentation.
- Maintain positive relationships with project stake holders.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and mentoring of jobsite interns, apprentices, or new hires.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Focus on End Goals:
- Maintain the Master Critical Path Construction Schedule including establishing and reaching milestones, coordinating procurement, assigning labor and equipment and lining up inspections.
- Administer Change Management Program at the field level documenting and reporting out all adjustments to plan including time, expense, materials, substitutes, drawing revisions, specification changes, damages or delays, etc.
- Order and forecast materials and rental equipment. Monitor the utilization and manage the efficient use of resources in line with established project and Company budgets.
- Write or type Daily Project Progress Report complete with all pertinent records of conditions, quantities, changes, delays, incidents, notable achievements, etc. affixed to photos as pertinent to document daily project activity.
- Record and monitor all costs for materials bought, payments for work done, and all purchases made, through the use of established tracking systems.
- Establish and maintain Site Logistics Plans to ensure the proper storage, inventory and control of construction materials, process equipment, instruments, finished goods, etc.
- Plan, schedule and ensure delivery of materials, tools, and equipment with a three week look ahead.
- Prepare, schedule, and supervise completion of final punch list.
- Advise Project Engineer or Project Manager immediately if deviation from the plan occurs.
- Analyze problems through data analysis, field returns, and experimentation to reduce service incidence rates with quality workmanship.
- Prepare Job Safety Analysis or Pre-Job Hazard Analysis Forms and report findings to the team.
- Effectively forecast and manage time to meet all specified deadlines.
- Identify and suggest new equipment, tools, approaches, or best known methods to foster our continuous improvement.
- Promote quality control, focus on lean principles to organize and execute construction work with the desired fit, finish and functionality to satisfy project and Owner goals.
- Integrate new technology or environmentally friendly practices into existing processes.
Education & Qualifications:
- OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 Hour Construction Safety.
- 10 years construction supervisory experience, Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related degree although not required.
- Construction certifications and designations, beneficial.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass MVR.
- Trade school, vocational school, or college education in related field, preferred. .
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.