Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ankeny, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Full Time, Salary
A Designer must have a strong design background and a desire to use creativity to design systems that enhance the productivity, quality, and working environment of facilities. A Designer is very technical and supports the design team with industrial process flows, equipment, and design methodology required to develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s), P&ID’s, and general arrangement equipment layout drawings. They support developing the scope of the project including spatial requirements, operational considerations, building use, equipment, and consider the overall safety, budget, schedule, and quality of large, complex construction projects from project inception through project completion.
- Consider the safety of Keen Project Solution construction personnel, the customer, operators, subcontractors, and the general public when designing any project outlined by the company, OSHA, NFPA, FMSA and other applicable regulatory requirements for all work processes.
- Research and ensure incorporation of applicable federal, state, municipal codes, permits, and standards relying upon proper expertise and resources internally and externally.
- Perform job site observations and report deficiencies, non-conformance, safety issues, quality control issues, and opportunities for improvement to the senior-most project manager on an assigned project.
- Comply with risk management programs applicable to assigned projects, including contracts, insurance, bonding, and any special owner or regulatory requirements. Identify areas of risk, investigate, and propose solutions.
- Support the efforts of all parties involved in the project, including the architects, consultants, contractors, trade contractors, and directly hired tradespersons.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively establish and contribute to internal and external design management and in-house design.
- Support Owner Design Coordination Meetings, open communication, and collaboration with owner, designers, and trade partners to build a team atmosphere, resolve conflicts early, and track progress. Ensure actions are logged. Utilize on-line collaboration tools and web meetings to coordinate and conduct business efficiently.
- Effectively support projects, resolve design issues, answer questions, solve production problems, and make sure that final plans are accurate.
- Support coordination of all parties involved in the project, including the architects, consultants, contractors, trade contractors, and directly hired tradespersons.
- Provide basic support for all other departments as needed, along with other assigned duties.
Focus on End Goals:
- Properly prepare and execute design services to meet customers’ expectations for clarity, timeliness, quality, completeness, and efficiency.
- Communicate effectively to ensure all team members and customers are well informed throughout design process, including effective use of face-to-face meetings, web and phone conferences, collaborative software, design meetings and events, and other common channels of communication.
- Maintain a Critical Path Schedule including establish and reach owner milestones. Organize architectural, design, and engineering resources, coordinate procurement, assign contracts, and oversee the use of owner and company resources.
- Support Coordination in a buyout, including specification, selection, and contracting of vendors, suppliers, and technicians. Prepare contracts, negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and trade contractors in a timely fashion according to agreed payment terms.
- Complete the equipment procurement with installation drawings that reflect the site layout, specifications, safety measures, schematic design, and the production process.
- Analyze equipment and process to achieve continuous improvement and ensure process performance requirements are met and sustained.
- Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to scope development, specification and technical writing, conceptual design, design management, and estimating.
- Participate in on-going business development and continued customer service through the professional representation of Keen Project Solutions within the industry and through serving customers, design partners, suppliers, and industry contacts.
- Work closely with other project partners, professionals such as scientists, and other engineers on development and research projects.
- Strategically work with our project partners to pre-plan, identify, eliminate constraints, and manage risk on all project stages.
- Integrate new technology or environmentally friendly practices into existing processes.
- Implement process designs, create prototypes, test, make necessary modifications required to be cost-effective, keep with a given budget, and commission the process.
- Critique designs for safety, manufacturability, failure modes, customer usage, and functionality.
- Analyze problems through data analysis, field returns, and experimentation to create more robust designs to reduce service incidence rates.
Education & Qualifications:
- 2 or 4-year degree from college or technical school in structural, architectural, or mechanical drafting, years of exceptional experience as a drafter and willingness to obtain desired education is also encouraged to apply.
- 3 years drafting work experience or in a similar position, preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs like Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and on-line collaboration tools. Proficient in Autodesk/Plant Design Suite products like and Revit and AutoCAD is desired, with knowledge of Inventor, Navisworks, etc., beneficial.
- Travel up to 20% or as needed, by air and ground.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.