Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ankeny, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Full Time, Salary
The Drafter will be involved in the entire design process, from conceptual model creation to production level design and detailing. The Drafter takes ideas, rough sketches, and specifications to produce installation prints and bills of materials used to manufacture and install company products and projects. They assist in preparing design and bid documents, phasing drawings, as-built drawings, and construction sketches. They are a vital link between design theory and practical application by translating critical design concepts into detailed technical drawing for tangible, buildable mechanical and architectural end products and projects.
- Perform jobsite observations and take field measurements. Collaborate with engineers to solve design issues that may arise.
- Comply with Risk Management Programs applicable to assigned projects.
- Research space and site requirements, and technical documents to determine effect on designs.
- Work closely with the internal team, architects, consultants, contractors, directly hired tradespersons and others related to the project to obtain technical details, optimize designs, and resolve issues.
- Work on teams to effectively resolve design issues, answer questions, solve production problems, and to make sure that final plans are accurate.
- Communicate effectively with team, vendors, architects, engineers, general contractors, and field personnel to produce architectural, equipment installation, and structural steel fabrication drawings. This collaboration may be on the jobsite when needed.
- Provide support for the technical workers who contribute to the building of our structures and projects.
- Ensure proper format/coding/requested part numbers in a consistent format.
- Provide measurements, dimensions, and notes on the materials needed to complete the project.
- Provide basic support for all other departments as needed, along with other assigned duties.
Focus on End Goals:
- Specialize in architectural, civil, electrical, or mechanical drafting and design plans, blueprints, and drawings to create schematics that can be viewed, printed, or programmed directly into building information modeling (BIM) systems.
- Primary team member for printing, plotting, and collating drawing sets.
- Develop complete and accurate electronic working plans, elevations, details, charts, and/or revisions from existing drawings, measurements, sketches, specifications, etc.
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures for new products.
- Prepare layouts that show the details for a wide variety of machinery and mechanical tools and devices. These layouts indicate installation dimensions, fastening methods, and other requirements needed for assembly.
- Build layouts, elevations, sections, and field connections during the shop drawing process for both structural and architectural projects.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information through collaboration with the CAD department, tower structural analysts, project managers, and engineers.
- Prepare engineering change documentation.
- Integrate new technology or environmentally friendly practices into existing processes.
- Demonstrate technical drawing proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and Inventor. Demonstrate proficiency to solve mathematical calculations involving factors such as angles, triangulation, weights, and costs.
- Develop and modify designs and drawings for mechanical components and subsystems materials, or complete products using Revit and other software.
- Develop and obtain design prototype parts for testing and pre-production activities.
- Critique designs for safety, manufacturability, constructability, failure modes, customer usage, and function.
- Analyze quality problems through data analysis, field returns, and experimentation to create more robust designs to reduce service incidence rates.
Education & Qualifications:
- Two-year certificate from college or technical school in Drafting/Design, years of exceptional experience as a Drafter/Designer and willingness to obtain desired education are also encouraged to apply.
- 2 years of drafting work experience or in a similar position, preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs like Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and on-line collaboration tools. Proficient in Autodesk/Plant Design Suite products like and Revit and AutoCAD is desired, with knowledge of Inventor, Navisworks, etc., beneficial.
- Travel up to 10% or as needed, by air and ground.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.