Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ankeny, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
The Fabricator/Welder is responsible for the fabrication, welding, repair or retrofitting of equipment for residential, commercial or industrial facilities. All work is to be completed at our fabrication shop and may require occasional short term travel. Fabricator/Welder services performed may include, though is not limited to: Layout/shop math related to complex metal fabrication, material reduction, fitting, tacking, welding and assembly. Fabrication equipment and forklift operations when trained and authorized to perform such duties. Machine layout, machine setting, assembly, precision alignment, structure assembly, custom fabrication, maintenance and troubleshooting. Material preparation, priming and painting of finished work. Rigging and load out as required. The Fabricator/Welder will adhere to the blueprint plans, schematic drawings, or manufacture specifications to produce the best product for the customer.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, cutting, welding or fabrication machines, rigging equipment on a daily basis while following all manufacturer and Keen safety guidelines.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures, environmental risks and hazards as well as, ensure daily workplace inspections done in order to accurately identify and correct workplace hazards.
- Represent Keen in a professional courteous manner and bridge communication with all departments and customers to ensure a proper job is completed to customer satisfaction.
- Participate as a Keen team member in the fabrication shop and attend team meetings and trainings to ensure safety measures and best practice is used in the workplace.
Focus on End Goals:
- Fabricate, weld and inspect product in a safe and efficient manner to meet customer requirements.
- Interpret prints, drawings, plans, and apply fabrication or welding techniques to complete projects.
- Perform a variety of work, including material handling and conveyance, machine setting, alignment, rigging, welding and custom fabrication for industries including Food, Agriculture, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets.
- Mechanical aptitude to be able to disconnect, rebuild, or relocate piping, spouting, and chute work, and install pneumatic and gravity fed material handling.
- Operate hand tools on a daily basis such as wrenches, hammers, power tools (hand grinders, saws, impact wrenches, drill press, plus various types of pneumatic and hydraulic tools), rigging equipment to assemble, install and align to ensure the proper functioning.
- Operate simple and complex heavy industrial equipment such as forklifts, scissors lifts, boom lifts, gantry cranes, overhead cranes, pneumatic wenches, and all-terrain reach lifts.
- Troubleshoot problems to detect defects or malfunctions of equipment, research and share the proper solution.
- Plan preventative maintenance programs while identifying best methods for machinery and equipment to foster continuous improvement through ongoing safety and educational trainings.
Education & Qualifications:
- 2-5 years of experience in industrial maintenance and/or 3 years education in industrial maintenance technologies / trade specific training.
- Welding and rigging certifications, preferred.
- Preventative maintenance, fabrication, and sheet metal experience, a plus.
- Flexibility to work all shifts including holidays and weekends as demanded by the job. Regular shop hours are 7:30 am – 4 pm Monday through Friday. Forty hours per week plus over time as required.
- OSHA 10 HR, preferred.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.