Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ames, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
The General Foreman is responsible for supervising and directing jobsite teams that may include general laborers, foreman, and subcontractors. They will supervise construction activities to ensure the project is completed safely, on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to project plans and specifications. The General Foreman will be accountable for daily safety planning, leading morning safety meetings, weekly activity planning, other progress meetings, and coordination with other crews and trades. General Foreman will assist the Superintendent or Project Manager.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures by managing and using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task. Understand, operate, and manage all safety rules, the operating and maintenance manuals, and following all procedure handbooks.
- Properly follow all company polices and OSHA regulations for a safe working environment. Stop any and all unsafe work and report any problems to the Superintendent, Project Engineer, Project Manager, or Safety Director.
- Make Health and Safety practices number one priority by using personal protection equipment at all times, following all safety regulations, facilitate daily tool box talks and all other safety meetings.
- Manage traffic control ensure a clean working jobsite, Fire Watch during welding and cutting activities, participate in fire prevention and planning to eliminate possible hazards.
- Assist with safety planning and leadership, including leading morning safety meetings.
- Take proper safety precautions including inspecting and updating equipment, tools, safety kits, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Maintain positive relationships with project stake holders.
- Assess crew member skill set and assign employees to appropriate tasks based project schedules and priorities.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and mentoring of jobsite interns, apprentices, or new hires.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Focus on End Goals:
- Manage, supervise, and complete all construction projects to ensure the project is completed safely, on schedule, within budget, and with quality workmanship that conforms to project plans and specifications.
- Plan, schedule and ensure delivery of materials, tools, and equipment with a three week look ahead.
- Advise Superintendent, Project Engineer, or Project Manager immediately if deviation from the plan occurs.
- Provide daily feedback and reporting on jobsite activities.
- Prepare Job Safety Analysis or Pre-Job Hazard Analysis Forms and report findings to the team.
- Effectively forecast and manage time to meet all specified deadlines.
- Identify and suggest new equipment, tools, approaches, or best known methods to foster our continuous improvement.
Education & Qualifications:
- OSHA 10 and OSHA 30.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass MVR.
- Trade school, vocational school, or college education in related field, preferred.
- 3-5 years construction experience, industrial experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience supervising jobsite crews of 3-25 team members.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.