Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ankeny, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
A Process Engineer must have a strong engineering background and a desire to use creativity to design systems that enhance the productivity, quality, and working environment of facilities. They are responsible for the front end engineering and design phase and planning, coordinating, and procurement for construction projects. A Process Engineer is very technical and understands industrial process flows, equipment, and design methodology required to develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s), P&ID’s, and general arrangement equipment layout drawings. They are responsible for developing the scope of the project including spatial requirements, operational considerations, building use, equipment, and consider the overall safety, budget, schedule, and quality of large, complex construction projects from project inception through project completion.
- Consider the safety of Keen Project Solution construction personnel, the customer, operators, subcontractors, and general public when designing any project as outlined by the company, OSHA, and other applicable laws for all work processes.
- Perform jobsite observations and report deficiencies, non-conformance, safety issues, quality control issues, and opportunities for improvement to the senior most project manager on an assigned project.
- Comply with risk management programs applicable to assigned projects including contracts, insurance, bonding, and any special owner or regulatory requirements. Identify areas of risk, investigate, and propose solutions.
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, trade contractors, and direct hired trades persons.
- Lead Owner Design Coordination Meetings. Facilitate open communication and collaboration with owner, designers, and trade partners to build a team atmosphere, resolve conflicts early, and track progress. Ensure actions are logged. Utilize on-line collaboration tools and web meetings to efficiently coordinate and conduct business.
- Build teams to effectively manage projects, resolve design issues, and answer questions and solve problems for production and to make sure that final plans are accurate.
- Provide basic support for all other departments as needed, along with other assigned duties.
Focus on End Goals:
- Maintain a Critical Path Schedule including establish and reach owner milestones. Organize architectural, design, and engineering resources, coordinate procurement, assign contracts, and oversee the use of owner and company resources.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining project budget. Optimize utilization of project resources while ensuring procurement at the most cost-effective terms in line with contract documents and defined budgets. . Assist in developing cost estimates at varying stages of project.
- Coordinate buyout including specification, selection, and contracting of vendors, suppliers and technicians. Prepare contracts, negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and trade contractors in a timely fashion according to agreed payment terms.
- Complete the procurement of the equipment with installation drawings which reflect the site layout, specifications, safety measures, schematic design, and the production process.
- Analyze equipment and process with the intent of achieving continuous improvement and ensure process performance requirements are met and sustained.
- Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: scope development, specification and technical writing, conceptual design, design management, and estimating.
- Participate in on-going business development and continued customer service through professional representation of Keen Project Solutions within the industry and through serving customers, design partners, suppliers, and industry contacts.
- Work closely with other project partners, professionals such as scientists, and other engineers on development and research projects.
- Strategically work with our project partners to pre-plan, identify, eliminate constraints, and manage risk on all stages of the project.
- Integrate new technology or environmentally friendly practices into existing processes.
- Implement process designs, creating prototypes, testing, making necessary modifications where required that are cost effective, keeping with a given budget, and commissioning the process.
- Critique designs for safety, manufacturability, failure modes, customer usage, and functionality.
- Analyze problems through data analysis, field returns and experimentation to create more robust designs to reduce service incidence rates.
Education & Qualifications:
- A degree in a related science field such as Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Certification or completion in Professional Engineer License (P.Eng), Certified Professional Engineer (PE), Fundamentals of Engineering (FE), Engineer in Training (EIT), Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE), and/or Lean Qualifications or willing to obtain.
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs like Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and on-line collaboration tools. Proficient in Autodesk/Plant Design Suite products like and Revit and AutoCAD is desired, with knowledge Inventor, Navisworks, etc., beneficial.
- Travel up to 33% or as needed, by air and ground.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.