Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ames, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
The Project Manager plans, coordinates, and oversees the overall safety, budget, schedule, and quality of construction projects from project inception through project completion. They are a team leader to ensure effective management of assigned internal and external resources toward the common goal of quality and timely delivery of services which meet customer’s expectations.
- Make Health and Safety practices number one priority by using personal protection equipment at all times, following all safety regulations, and leading by example in the office and on the job site.
- Develop and maintain Project Safety Plans and coordinate with our customer specific contract requirements.
- Ensure Project Safety Plans are implemented and Safety Policies and Procedures are administered on all construction sites.
- Prioritize and take action to deal with all safety issues immediately.
- Monitor and improve safety by leading or participating in Job Safety Audits on each job site visit.
- Instill the Keen safety culture through leadership and management on all assigned projects.
- Participate in business development through professional representation of Keen Project Solutions within the community and industry and providing excellent customer service. Develop business by building lasting relationships with customers, design partners, consultants, architects, trade partners, vendors, industry contacts and professional organizations.
- Lead Owner Coordination Meetings. Facilitate open communication and collaboration with owner, designers, and trade partners to build a team atmosphere, resolve conflicts early, and track progress. Ensure actions are identified, documented, expedited and completed as promised.
- Maintain good working relationships with the community, local, state and federal Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ). Represent the customer and company in the most professional manner.
- Monitor and document the progress of the engineering and construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the subcontractor teams.
- Work closely with our project partners to pre-plan and schedule using Last Planner System® in order to identify, eliminate constraints, and manage risks.
- Respect all internal and external customers.
- Provide management of all assigned team members including direction, supervision, performance review and development planning.
- Provide basic support for all other departments as needed, along with other assigned duties.
- Own your personal development and contribute to the development of the Keen team including your own supervisors and subordinates.
Focus on End Goals:
- Lead, manage and complete all engineering, procurement and construction projects to ensure the project is completed safely, on schedule, within budget, and with quality that conforms to project plans and specifications, customer and company expectations.
- Develop and maintain a master Critical Path Method Schedule (CPM). Integrate the CPM schedule with the Last Planner System® of production planning and measurement.
- Monitor and document the progress of the engineering, procurement and construction activities on a daily basis. Update the master schedule on a weekly basis, at a minimum. Hold weekly production and status meetings with the customer, project team and subcontract trade partners.
- Plan and execute Contract Buyout including pre-qualification, analysis, hiring, and overseeing the work done by the trade contractors, vendors, suppliers and technicians.
- Optimize utilization of project resources, ensure procurement at the most cost-effective terms in line with contract documents and defined budgets. Submit cost tracking reports at a minimum of monthly basis. Prepare and submit owner billings in a timely fashion according to the agreed upon payment terms.
- Oversee Change Management Program at the project level documenting and reporting out all adjustments to plan including time, expense, materials, substitutes, drawing revisions, specification changes, damages or delays, etc.
- Ensure proper and timely notice to all parties per agreements to promote open communication and prevent financial risk.
- Oversee approval of subcontractor and vendor invoicing in accordance with contracts and established payment terms.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and trade contractors.
- Develop cost estimates at varying stages of project design, lead teams through proposal process.
- Comply with risk management programs applicable to assigned projects including contracts, insurance, bonding and any special owner or regulatory requirements. Identify areas of risk and investigate solutions.
- Requires continuous improvement mindset.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement of processes and the ability to develop and maintain project work flows.
- Utilize the appropriate technology to provide best in class project solutions. This includes 3D scanning, BIM systems, estimating and project management software and web based collaboration tools.
- Make recommendations on innovative ideas to eliminate waste and improve customer and company processes.
- Continuously learn and educate yourself and the team.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management or related Engineering degree equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 6 years proven experience managing construction projects.
- Effective contributor and team player, which can plan and organize a team with the capacity to motivate and boost morale.
- Travel is required.
Benefits and additional Company Information located on our career section of our website.https://keenprojectsolutions.com/careers/
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.