Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ames, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
The Safety Director is responsible for planning, coordinating, and overseeing the Keen Project Solutions safety program. The Safety Director functions as team leader to ensure effective management of internal and external resources and coordinates all safety activities of construction projects to ensure a safe working environment for all employees, as well as compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
The Safety Director partners with superintendents, project management, design, the management team, and safety committee to set and achieve overall safety strategy and goals. This role is instrumental in supporting on-going safety training, education and driving a safety culture through all levels of the Company. Continuous improvement of processes and the ability to develop others is a necessity.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, effective safety program for the Company and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, to include Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and applicable state regulations.
- Establish and distribute comprehensive jobsite inspection procedures and advise superintendents and/or subcontractors of any unsafe acts and conditions, request correction, and ensure corrections are addressed for all job projects.
- Maintain and assure all safety equipment is inspected and up to date, with proper training and use of equipment provided.
- Ensure a safe and accident-free work environment for all Keen employees, subcontractors, clients and the general public.
- Chair the Safety Committee and be responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of bi-monthly Safety Committee Meetings to establish the Company’s safety strategy, vision, and culture.
- Promote positive relations with OSHA personnel, maintain a history of citations received and final decisions, interpret OSHA regulations as they pertain to our industry/business.
- Communicate all relevant safety information to the field regarding best practices, lessons learned, monthly updates, recent OSHA events, and review of accidents.
- Provide basic support for all other departments as needed, along with other assigned duties.
Focus on End Goals:
- Keep up-to-date on current federal, state, and local legislation and regulation changes; maintain knowledge of current and emerging issues and trends in area of specialty.
- Oversee Risk Management Programs applicable to Company and projects including contracts, insurance, bonding and any special Owner or regulatory requirements. Identify areas of risk and investigate solutions keeping management team informed.
- Coordinate Safety Prequalification program including review of all trade contractors, vendors, suppliers and technicians.
- Collect, investigate, and communicate all incident reports and propose solutions to remedy such incidents in the future.
- Distribute, coordinate, and track all new and ongoing safety related programs, certifications, paperwork, and record keeping but not limited to: Safety Orientation Training, OSHA 10hr and 30hr, OSHA form 300, Drug and Alcohol Screening, and First Aid/CPR to all employees and sub-contractors on all construction sites, offices, and shop locations.
- Set and achieve safety goals on every project. Ensure all safety posters, bulletins, and rules are posted with safety resources available to maintain such an environment.
- Prepare, submit and maintain all safety records and insure all employees are up to date on trainings and certifications.
- Prepare and submit annual Company Safety Budget as well as monitor on going progress and cost tracking reports at a minimum of monthly basis.
- Analyze job functions, activities, procedures, equipment and materials to discover potential exposure to injury or illness. Recommend proper equipment, materials, and techniques for prevention on a regular basis and hold regular meeting with all project teams.
- Work closely with project management and supervision to pre-plan and schedule in order to identify and eliminate hazards and manage risk.
- Utilize on-line collaboration tools and web meetings to efficiently coordinate and conduct business. Ensure actions are logged and communicated throughout the company.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Occupational Safety and Health, Construction Engineering, Construction Management or related or other equivalent discipline preferred.
- Minimum 8 years proven experience managing the safety efforts of construction jobsites, preferably in the industrial or agricultural construction industries.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation or related industry certification(s) beneficial.
- Knowledge of OSHA, theories, principles, and practices of construction, safety, and risk management for the construction industry and other applicable regulations relating to employee safety and accident prevention. Knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations governing construction safety.
- Experienced in training, speaking in large groups, leading teams, motivating, and patience to retrain or change training when needed.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish beneficial, but not required.
- Travel with up to 40% by air and ground on a regular and ongoing basis.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.