Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ankeny, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
A Senior Design Lead must have a strong design background and a desire to use creativity to design systems that enhance industrial production facilities’ productivity, quality, and working environment. They are responsible for the front-end conceptual design phase, estimating, leading a design team through the production design process, and procurement for construction projects. A Senior Design Lead is very technical and understands industrial process flows, equipment, and design methodology required to develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s), P&ID’s, and general arrangement equipment layout drawings. They are responsible for developing the project’s scope, including spatial requirements, operational considerations, building use, equipment, and consider the overall safety, budget, schedule, and quality of large, complex construction projects from project inception through project completion. They will coordinate with the project manager to manage all phases of the engineering process with both in-house and external design resources. A Senior Design Lead must own and adhere to the design schedule and budget.
- Consider the safety of Keen Project Solutions construction personnel, the customer, operators, subcontractors, and the general public when designing any project as outlined by the company, OSHA, NFPA, FMSA, building code, and other applicable regulatory requirements for all work processes.
- Research and ensure incorporation of applicable federal, state, municipal codes, permits, and standards relying upon proper expertise and resources internally and externally.
- Perform job site observations and report deficiencies, non-conformance, safety issues, quality control issues, and opportunities for improvement to the senior-most project manager on an assigned project.
- Comply with risk management programs applicable to assigned projects, including contracts, insurance, bonding, and any special owner or regulatory requirements. Identify areas of risk, investigate, and propose solutions.
- Coordinate the efforts of all engineering parties involved in the project, including the architects, consultants, contractors, and directly hired persons.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively establish and contribute to internal and external teams while leading outside design management and in-house design.
- Lead Owner Design Coordination Meetings. Facilitate open communication and collaboration with owners, designers, and trade partners to build a team atmosphere, resolve conflicts early, and track progress. Ensure actions are logged. Utilize on-line collaboration tools and web meetings to coordinate and conduct business efficiently.
- Build teams to effectively manage projects, resolve design issues, answer questions, solve production problems, and make sure that final plans are accurate.
- Provide basic support for all other departments as needed, along with other assigned duties.
Focus on End Goals:
Focus on End Goals
- Properly prepare and execute design services to meet customers’ expectations for clarity, timeliness, quality, completeness, and efficiency.
- Communicate effectively to ensure all team members and customers are well informed throughout the design process, includes effective face-to-face meetings, web and phone conferences, collaborative software, design meetings, events, and other common communication channels.
- Maintain a Critical Path Schedule, including establishing and reaching owner milestones. Organize architectural, design, and engineering resources, coordinate procurement, assign contracts, and oversee the use of owner and company resources.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining project budget. Optimize project resource utilization while ensuring procurement at the most cost-effective terms according to contract documents and defined budgets. Assist in developing cost estimates at varying stages of the project.
- Coordinate buyout, including specification, selection, and contracting of vendors, suppliers, and technicians. Prepare contracts, negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, and trade contractors in a timely fashion according to agreed payment terms.
- Complete the procurement of the equipment with installation drawings which reflect the site layout, specifications, safety measures, schematic design, and the production process.
- Analyze equipment and process to achieve continuous improvement and ensure process performance requirements are met and sustained.
- Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to scope development, specification and technical writing, conceptual design, design management, and estimating.
- Participate in on-going business development and continued customer service through professional representation of Keen Project Solutions within the industry and through serving customers, design partners, suppliers, and industry contacts.
- Work closely with other project partners, professionals such as scientists, and other engineers on development and research projects.
- Strategically work with our project partners to pre-plan, identify, eliminate constraints, and manage risk on all project stages.
- Integrate new technology or environmentally friendly practices into existing processes.
- Implement process designs, create prototypes, test, make necessary modifications required to be cost-effective, keep with a given budget, and commission the process.
- Critique designs for safety, manufacturability, failure modes, customer usage, and functionality.
- Analyze problems through data analysis, field returns, and experimentation to create more robust designs to reduce service incidence rates.
Education & Qualifications:
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science field such as Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering preferred. Combined experience and industry educational certifications to demonstrate competency considered.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Certification of completion in Professional Engineer License (P.E.), Fundamentals of Engineering (FE), Engineer in Training (EIT), and/or Lean Qualifications or willing to obtain.
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs like Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and on-line collaboration tools. Proficient in Autodesk/Plant Design Suite products like Revit and AutoCAD is desired, with knowledge of Inventor, Navisworks, etc., beneficial.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.