Keen Project Solutions LLC. is a growing Design-Build, General Contractor and Construction Manager based out of Ankeny, IA working throughout the Midwest serving the Food, Ag, Manufacturing, and Industrial construction markets. Safety comes first in everything we do. We provide customers quality services and expertise.
The Senior Estimator is responsible for the overall scope development and cost estimate based on conceptual design criteria with minimal design documents. They will manage all bid documents and the work of others, prepare plan take-off calculations, cost estimates assemble and present bid packages, establish owner budget, monitor scope, and costs throughout entire design process. The Senior Estimator will negotiate and execute agreements with subcontractors and its suppliers, prepare project schedules and submittals, lead construction progress meetings, monitor project correspondence, report and help solve potential cost issues or schedule problems to successfully complete projects.
- Assess site exposures, construction risks, appropriately analyze costs, and reflect these in the estimate.
- Ensure Project Safety Plans, Safety Policies and Procedures are included on all construction projects.
- Comply with risk management programs applicable to assigned projects including contracts, insurance, bonding, and any special owner or regulatory requirements. Identify areas of risk and investigate solutions.
- Generate, develop leads, and contact potential clients to discuss options for proposed services.
- Build and retain working relationships with sub-contractors and clients and maintain subcontractor and supplier bid list.
- Administrate sub-contractor quotations, negotiate to ensure quotes meet contract documents, and issue proper documented purchase orders.
- Manage and review construction plans and specifications and distribute to appropriate subcontractors and suppliers for bid. Manage subcontractor suppliers to clarify expectations, including scope and schedule.
- Work closely with our project partners to pre-plan and schedule in order to identify and eliminate constraints and manage risks.
- Lead the preparation of bid-day documents, including finalizing lump sum bid, alternates, and allowances while providing excellent customer service.
- Manage personnel resources effectively and oversee others in completing activities and preparing deliverables.
- Provide basic support for all other departments as needed, along with other assigned duties.
Focus on End Goals:
- Take ownership and pride in the bid process to win profitable jobs, see it built, and exceeded customer’s expectations.
- Produce efficient and precise GMP take-off reports while working in a fast paced construction environment and meeting stringent deadlines.
- Analyze different proposals from combination of subcontractor bids, supplier bids, unit prices applied to quantity take-offs, and utilizing spreadsheet-based estimating software.
- Manage unit pricing database for material, labor, and equipment costs.
- Calculate the project budget, estimate and monitoring of project costs, analyze and develop operational policies and procedures that support the project activities and support Owner’s needs.
- Oversee the preparation of technical documents and proposals to respond to RFP’s. Analyze project costs, overheads and markups.
- Effectively and efficiently develop and manage takeoffs and proposal estimates for various construction projects. Perform quantity take-offs utilizing on-screen take-off software.
- Bid large and small projects with accurate and timely calculations.
- Identify constructability issues, value-engineering alternatives, and produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings.
- Review for final approval or changes of final bid estimates, assure all individual and team’s work is accurate and complete.
- Consult with management on an ongoing basis to maintain strategic link to business needs, working on multiple bids at any point in time.
- Optimize the estimating process and win more profitable jobs that match both Keen’s strengths and required profit margins.
- Complete all phases of construction estimating including systems level, conceptual and hard bid cost.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs, relative to bids as the project develops, and may also include value analysis, historical cost reports per bid basis, and system comparison.
- Collect and manage historical cost data for future use including reporting and analysis.
- Develop and lead estimating team to effectively manage projects, resolve issues, and answer questions and solve problems, and to make sure that final bids are accurate.
- Improved analysis by activity, phase, or other project breakdown.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction engineering, construction management, industrial technology, or associate’s degree in construction management or construction technology, with years of experience may be given preference.
- Minimum 6 years proven experience estimating construction projects.
- Certification in Construction Estimating or Project Management Professional, preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs like Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook, on-line collaboration tools and, software programs like On-Screen Takeoff and Timberline beneficial.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Experience working in Industrial environments and knowledge of materials, methods, tools and construction equipment involved in construction and industrial processes.
- Travel up to 30% or as needed, by air and ground.
General Education and Qualification, Demands, and Keen Philosophy we require in all candidates and employees can be found on website. You will find information about Company Benefits, Military Hiring, Apprentice and Internship opportunities, and most importantly Safety Expectations. www.keenprojectsolutions.com/careers
Keen Project Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keen Project Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Keen Project Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keen Project Solutions is proud to offer a drug free workplace. All applicants are required to a pre-employment drug screen.